Before the congress
To enable the staff to handle the technical aspects in an efficient way, all presentations should be prepared according to the guidelines below. It is essential that:
- the correct format is used
- the presentation be handed in on time at the Speaker Preview Room at least one hour before your presentation time.
Prepare and save it on a USB memory stick (and as a backup, a 2nd USB memory stick or a laptop) and bring it with you to the Speaker Preview Room. Label the materials with your name, session name, session date and presentation name.
- Please note the session will be recorded, with your agreement, to be uploaded on the Congress website later. If you agree, you will be able to sign the authorization of reproduction form during the congress in the Preview Room.
- The Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx format advised) is strongly recommended but pdf will be accepted. Pdf Presentation shall not include any multimedia file
- We recommend that you save your PowerPoint presentation using a 16:9 ratio format.
- We recommend you make your slides as concise as possible by keeping texts short and avoiding too many bullet points.
- Do not display anything on the right bottom corner. This area will be used by our system to display a speaking time countdown.
- Please note that there will be NO overhead projectors or slide projectors in any of the session rooms.
- If your presentation takes place in an amphitheater, you will only have a 2-button remote control to move forward or backward in your presentation.
Video and sound
- For embedded videos in your presentation, we recommend you use the MPEG-4 and WMV formats.
- If your presentation includes sounds, we recommend you use the MPEG-3 and WAV formats.
- Movies or videos that require additional reading or projection equipment will not be accepted.
- Save the sounds/ videos used in your presentation separately on USB memory stick. In case of problems we can re-insert the original items.
- Be aware of copyright when using images. Please refer to the evolution meetings guidelines
- Set the sound of your videos to "mute" if you do not want to play sound during your presentation.
- When using a particular font, select the Embed TrueType fonts check box (Tools /Save Options).
- It is advised for your videos to check the automatic start option.
Day of your presentation
Speaker Preview Room
After withdrawing your badge at the welcome desk, all speakers must directly check in at the Speaker Preview Room prior to their session. The facilities in the Speaker Preview Room at the congress venue will provide the following possibilities:
- Reviewing your presentation and apply last minute changes
- Uploading your presentation for the dedicated session room
- For recorded sessions, a staff member will take your picture
- Sign the authorization of reproduction form
The speaker preview room is located in the Tiberiade Room on the ground floor of the congress venue.
Opening Hours and location:
Sunday, August 19, 2018 7.30am-7.30pm
Monday, August 20, 2018 7.30am-7.30pm
Tuesday, August 21, 2018 7.30am-7.30pm
Wednesday, August 22, 2018 7.30am-7.30pm
Check in at the Speakers Preview Room the day before your presentation time. The organizers cannot guarantee projection of presentations handed in later than an hour prior to the sessions!
Each session room is equipped with the following items:
- Video beamer
- Lectern with microphone
- Laser pointer
- Laptop with operating system Window 10 (in all rooms but amphitheaters)
- Remote control for presentation
Be in the session room at least 10 minutes before the session starts to meet the chair of the session and familiarize yourself with the equipment in the session room.
If you have a comment to make or a technical question to ask, do not hesitate to contact us by email: email@example.com. Your request will be transferred to the IT manager who will assist you on site.
If you do not plan to use support (highly recommended) for your intervention, we thank you in advance for keeping us informed by sending an email to the address specified above.